My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

"Underage drinking, a near drowning, premarital sex & a visit from the coroner." D.N.A.

"You have, in one single night, ruined your reputation in this community by throwing a hell of a party, with quality liquor for underage drinking, a near drowning in the pool, multi-partner premarital sex and a visit from the coroner.”

I love Nadine. She's better than a sister and so truthful, I either have to cringe in pain or laugh my butt off. Like when I got the letter that I was summoned to be on a stupid talk show....

"Debney what are you going to do?"

"I dunno. What I would like to do is go to Giante’s house and kill him. I should have known he was up to something after I received the letter of parental acknowledgement in the mail. I just figured after I called him over and chewed him out he backed off. He didn’t broach the subject again and when I refused to let his mom in to gawk at Baroque I figured they had given up. He refuses to accept anything I tell him. Who the hell does he think he is to call that scab ripping TV show? I'm not going on there."

"It's just a stupid TV show. What do you have to lose, the respect of your peers?" Nadine chuckled. "I think you did a pretty good job of shooting your virginity to hell. You can't lose the respect of anyone. At school you have the title that ho Maryjo used to have."

"And you wonder why I had stopped talking to you? What kind of friend are you?"

"I’m the only friend you have." Nadine reached into the crib and lifted the tiny infant. She placed the soft bundle to her shoulder. "You may have tried to ignore me those first few months but who did you call when the water hit the floor?"

"Don't make me laugh. I’m still a little sore." Debney adjusted her position on the couch.

"I bet you are. My mom says an eighteen year old is not built mentally or physically to be a mother."

"Tell her I said it’s too late to lecture. That little fellow is here now and stuck with me."

"Believe me I think the entire neighborhood knows he’s here. That glass round his room may be safety but it’s definitely not sound proof. His lungs are great. I hear him in my room all the way on the second floor." Nadine held the baby a small space away and cooed in his face. "You may be named after a musical era, but it doesn’t mean your voice can rock my world. Tone it down little buddy.”

Debney laughed. "You’re way too funny. Baroque is making it plain he is here to stay. Like it or not.”

“And I wouldn’t say he's stuck Debney. I think you’ll be a great mom to him. You were awesome with your little brothers. You were always nice to them."

"But this is different. He’s with me every minute. He doesn’t like the bottle so that means he has to breast feed, definitely not what I wanted to use my brand new over-sized boobs for."

Nadine laughed. Sitting on the ottoman across from Debney she enticed the baby to suck on a pacifier.

"You should've thought about that before you went all mental at your party. What the hell were you thinking?"

"That's just it. I wasn’t. All I wanted to do was block every thought out of my mind. Like now, I don't want to talk about that. I spend my every waking moment trying not to remember. I've been pretending he was made from some happy romance and that my family has gone away on a long vacation."

"Well all I can tell you is to snap back to reality Cinderella. This," She pat the baby's blanket wrapped bottom. "Is not a dream and this castle shaped house you've had painted pink is not smack dab in the middle of candy land.”

"It's not really pink more of a pearlized faded alabaster. I think it’s gorgeous.”

“My mom thinks you've lost your mind and even said we should go and stay over there for a while. She thinks you shouldn't be here alone."

“As long as you’re here I’m not alone. I haven't been alone for months and anyway the maid service comes twice a week, and the pediatrician has come. Tell your mom thanks but no thanks too many kids and pets running around her house and not to mention your creepy brother. He’s always watching me, a girl makes a mistake and sleeps with a few guys on one night and every other guy thinks he has a chance. I shouldn't have started drinking and feeling sad for myself.”

"You know what I mean. Mom doesn't count me as an adult, at least not a very smart or capable adult. I don't know anything about babies. Aren't you worried about what we could accidentally do to him?"

“Yes, I know what you mean. What does it take to make people see I’m not a little girl anymore?"

"Well painting the house pink is not a step to the mature categories."

"But it’s a step. The lawn guy said it needed repair at the foundation."

"You let the lawn guy tell you about your foundation?"

"Well yeah. He's the one closest to the ground. He would see such things. Well his cousin handled that and then it needed painting so here we stand. Oh, my god when will people just stop and have some faith in me. This act of being nice and tolerant is driving me crazy. Tell your mom I know what I’m doing. I can handle it. I just wish people would believe that and leave me alone.”

“You know Debney sometimes you can be a real selfish b. People are just trying to help. You have no one to tell you the different little things you should know about taking care of a baby.”

“It’s no big deal. I have books and video and I haven’t hung him upside down once today.”
***************



THESE NOVELS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed
Nook and iTunes


Before you leave, please take some time to do this…

Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in:


  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?
  • Is there a way I can enhance it visually?
  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?
  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?
  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.
    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES" At Smashwords HERE Put in code: MP63V

    0 comments:

    deep love


    In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


    D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

    questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

    bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


    D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

    an NA drama filled with

    angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

    love.

    My Life on the Brink

    D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
    This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
    Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

    Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

    Get Your Print Copy

    Get Your Print Copy
    Print Copy

    Grab Pins

    Grab Pins
    Word to word.

    Request Review Copy


    FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

    Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

    We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

    Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


    a review from ARC

    In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

    But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

    I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

    Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
    A highly recommended read!


    Locksie

    ARC Book Club Inc.

    Book Trailers

    Book Trailers
    See a Varitey of The Videos

    Wade-In Publishing

    Wade-In Publishing
    Author's web Page

    Followers

    Follow by Email


    x

    Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner