My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

And In the Beginning- Mom Crawled From Her Hell Pit(Deb's Journal)

 I guess I never said where all of my frustration and drama started. Let me just say, in my opinion it started at my birth - probably before that for my dear old mom. 

The latest lie/drama began right before Summer vacation. The family was making plans to go to Europe and I believed I was to go with them. 
I’d received the promise to be allowed to go from dad, gone on surprise shopping trips for the appropriate clothing with my mom, laughed and planned an extensive and what promised to be a fun agenda with my little brothers, only to have my freakin' dreams shattered! I was was informed the night before, mind you, that the anticipated vacation and my involvement was being changed. 
"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy  

I couldn't believe my mom, in her usual vile way, had decided it would be best for me to spend the summer touring colleges with the school’s honor society. The new trip was arranged for two days after the family’s departure. For two days, my mother believed I would sit at home alone and wallow in self-pity. My fury at the defection was insurmountable, unsuppressed and I had expressed my anger loudly.


 *****************
"Dad, how can you let her do this to me, again?" she'd screeched and paced in her anger. "How can you all just pack up and go away and leave me for the entire summer?"
"Honey, your mom knows what’s best. She told me you wanted this, that  you decided it would be more fun to hang with kids your age instead of with an old couple and two ten-year-old boys. You’re almost eighteen years old, honey. You're a grown woman and I understand this. You don’t have to hang with us."
Debney jerked her shoulder away from his grip and stepped out of his reach.
"Dad, how can you do this to me? How can you believe her? Didn’t I beg you to finally let me come with you? Didn't you promise you would make sure I would be with you? I’ve missed the last three trips you've gone on. Next summer I’ll be living in Washington, states away and you know better than I that I’ll probably never see you again. Besides, you guys are going to miss my birthday. I don't want to celebrate another year without you."
"Baby, I know we will. I have a surprise that’s going to be delivered."
"Daddy, can you please not make this into something you can easily ignore?  I don’t want a surprise. I wanna go with you. I want to be with my family. The boys and I have already made plans for celebrating my birthday. I don’t understand this."

"Debbie, act your age and stop trying to make your dad feel guilty." Nicole Armstrong entered the room, sat delicately in the nearest chair and sipped from the glass of orange juice in her hand. "You’re over-exaggerating about never seeing us again. Washington is beautiful. A great place to visit."
"Oh my God, Mother, I’m so sick of you right now I can hardly stand it. I asked you to not call me ‘Debbie’, Nicole." Debney stressed her mother’s name with as much dislike as she could make come through each syllable. "If you didn’t want me to be named after my father you shouldn’t have named me after him."
"Your father’s name is Debashish."
"And he prefers being called Debney. You never want to say or do anything that makes another person happy."
"Why should I? And I told you not to call me by given name. I’m your mother. There are more things I should have done to you than name you. Your grandparents may have named him because they thought he was the Lord’s blessing, but it certainly has nothing to do with you. You’re a pain to my existence."
"Now legally, my name is Debney, Nicole, so that makes you both right," Debashish cut in, but was ignored by both women. The anger woven around them had always walled him out.
"You know what ,Mother, I’ve heard these little inferences in your words many times. Don’t think I can’t understand them. So, you never wanted me. That’s nothing new. You never wanted me around. You think I don’t know that? Even the boys have figured that out. Don't you think they discuss things among themselves? They're hurt by the way you treat me."
Nicole blew the comment off with a wave of her hand.
"Debbie, honest to God, I don’t even care. Whenever they question me, I just put it all on you. Humph, they just believe that you not being with the family happens to be your choice."
Nicole blew air through her nose like an irritated pig and sipped from her glass. Debney looked at her mom for a moment. Too stunned to speak she turned to her dad.
"I bet you didn’t even know how excited they are to have me finally coming with them. Daddy, we had plans." Tears she was trying hard to keep in check threatened to fall off the tips of her eyelashes and she brushed them aside before she could make comment. "I want to spend time with my brothers."
"Debney, I love you. I always have. You are a blessing to me, that’s why you’re named after me. Unfortunately your ticket was turned in last week. I don’t know why your mom didn’t tell you before tonight, but I have loose strings to handle pertaining to business and I’ll leave this mess for your mom to take care of. I’ll see you in the morning before we leave."

He made motion as if to hug her and she moved further out of his reach and kept her back turned until he left the room and the sound of her mother placing the glass on the table with a thump was heard. Turning with arms folded across her chest, Debney looked at her mom, wishing with all her might that her glare could burn a hole in the woman’s cold evil heart.
"Honestly, Debbie, its time you grew up. What kind of plans can you possibly have with a couple of ten-year-old boys?"
"What does it even matter to you?"
"It doesn’t. I just came in here to end whatever hysterics you were going to pull with your father. I can’t have him upset before we leave here or the entire vacation would be ruined. You’re old enough to stay a couple of days alone. The honor society will be leaving the school at nine on Wednesday morning for a two-week trip. After that, I made arrangements for you to go on a month's cruise with the De Vicari family, so you won’t really be left on your own.
 As usual, all important papers and bills will be in the safe in your dad’s office. An arrangement for all of the bills to be paid from direct deposit has been made, so you don’t have to worry about paying the staff or anything. As a matter of fact, since we will all be gone, they will be able to have vacations with their own families. I’ll make sure to let them know they can have the next few weeks off."
"The De Vicari’s' are not my family, Mother. I’m tired of spending all of my summers with them. I’m  as tired of seeing them just as they are probably tired of seeing me."
"Don't let that bother you. Pamela De Vicari will do anything I ask of her." She laughed heartily, an obvious sign to Debney that her mother had some kind of hold on the other woman and got a thrill from her inside joke.
"Mother, this will be my last summer to spend with you guys. Can’t I please come with you?"
"Arrangements have already been made and you know me. Once things are settled I refuse to change anything. Besides, you like that giant of a boy so everything will work out fine. So, go play with him, have a little fun." She wiggled her fingers as if she were dismissing a small, exasperating, recalcitrant child. "Do whatever it is you teenagers do now days to enjoy yourself. Just quit acting like a child. When I was your age--"
Losing her patience, Debney lifted the lamp from the nearest table and slammed it into the wall, the shattered, scattered Tiffany particles the only wayward item in the pristine room. Much as she was in the family, she was always the only piece that was always out of place.
"What the hell have I ever done to you, Nicole? What the hell is wrong with you? You’re not even the person I knew when I was a little girl. Why don’t you love me anymore, Mother? Tell me what I’ve done. Tell me how I can change it."
"I don’t have time for this discussion, Debbie. There are things I have to prepare for me and the boys." Nicole stood up. "And clean  suggest ‘up’ that mess," she ordered before sauntering out of the room.
 *************
In frustration, I'd loudly cursed them all and wished for their deaths, especially my mother’s. No amount of crying or pleading had changed the outcome and I hadn’t been allowed to go with them.




  
 D.N.A.is available for download on Kindle, Smashwords Sony or Kobo, Nook KindleUK and iTunes. and ready for (whatever model) your eReader to eat them up. Also available in print through InknBeans 



0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner