My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

Uncle Ben Comes for a Visit #family


 It's always comforting when Uncle Ben comes around. It gives me feel as if I am not alone. Like when he came over not too many days after the death of my family.
Excerpt:
The continued ringing of the doorbell and the knowledge she would have to perform some semblance of entertainment wrecked what little energy she had left. She'd finally made up her mind to drag herself into her own bedroom and ignore the shrill, persistent ringing when the ringing was replaced with heavy thumps on the panels of the door. "I'm coming." She squeaked out of her parched throat. She swallowed, cleared it and yelled again a bit louder. Grabbing tight to the stair rail, she pulled herself up and thumped as quick as she could down the stairs. The small spurt of anger, thinking it was Gianté coming to do his irritating daily check, spurred her on. 
"Gianté, I told you I was fine. I don’t need you coming every day." she yelled as she stomped down the twisting flight of stairs. Flipping the locks and yanking the door open, Debney froze at the sight of her dad’s new lawyer, Ben Anderson, standing with a strained look on his face. "Uncle Ben, what are you doing here?" "I’m checking on you. I was just about to break the door down. You’re not answering the phones and there are things to be taken care of before tomorrow." "Tomorrow? What's happening tomorrow?" "The funeral, baby, have you forgotten? We planned it last week. Tomorrow is the day. Let’s go into your dad's office." "No, not in there." Debney backed away from the door and the thought of entering her father’s sanctuary. She knew she wouldn’t be able to handle the essence of him and would probably lose her mind. "Let’s go in the kitchen. I was just about to get me something to eat." "Good." He followed behind her slowly, taking in the unkempt surfaces and floors of the rooms they passed through. "You look as if you need something to eat and a whole lot of other things." He climbed on a stool and placed his briefcase on the floor next to it. Elbow resting on the surface of the island's counter, Ben watched her rummage through the refrigerator and cabinets. "So why aren’t you taking care of yourself or this house?" Sniffing and swiping at her nose with the sleeve of her dad’s sweater she flipped a swath of hair from her face. "Umm, I am." She placed an empty bowl and a carton of milk on the counter in front of her. "No you're not. You're walking around here in the heat of summer, wearing your father's sweater and not combing your hair. And from the looks of it, you’ve been sleeping in your clothes. When your dad called the night before they left for vacation and told me he was releasing his lawyer, he asked me to take over running his estate and to watch over you." She sniffed again. Twirling a rotten banana between her fingers, Debney studied his face intently. She hungered for any form of comfort from her father, even if it was secondhand. "Did he really?" "Yes, and I know it’s hard to make it through the day. Believe me I know, I’ve been there. The death of a parent is harder than hell, but you can make it through the pain. Just take it one day at a time. Force yourself to eat small meals, go outside and get some fresh air. After tomorrow, once you’ve gotten through the process of the funeral, the pain will slowly fade and you will be able to bear it. You should set an appointment and go talk to this lady." He pulled a card from his breast pocket and placed it beside the untouched bowl of cereal. "I don't know how this will help or how I’ll ever get over the loss of my family. I can’t live like this anymore. If I move around in this house, I literally walk with my eyes closed or my head down. Everything I see reminds me of them and I just want to scream." "You need grief counseling, Debney." Ben pushed the business card she had just shoved away, back towards her. "If you don’t get a grip you will go into depression and that’s a world you don’t want to enter. The funeral is tomorrow and when it’s over, why you don’t go away for a few days. You need a change of atmosphere. Isn't there some place or someone you can go to?" 
"No, there’s no one. I can’t go crawling into the families of my friends because it will only make them as depressed as I am. I just want to be alone and if I can’t be alone all I want is my daddy. I don’t think I can live another day without seeing him. I miss him so much; I even miss the arguments we used to have. Why can’t I just die right now?" The tears rolled down her face freely and unchecked. "Why couldn't I have died with them? This isn’t fair, Uncle Ben. I spent all of my life separated from them and now, even in death I’m not allowed to be with them. How am I supposed to go on? How am I supposed to be able to walk, let alone live in this big house without them? Each room I go into has nothing but memories that are weighing me down and crushing me. Sometimes I'm so miserable I can't move. Every breath, every thought hurts and I just want succumb to the weight and never breath again." "If you don’t go see a counselor, I’ll make it my business to have you committed." "You would do that to me, Uncle Ben?" "Why not? You sound suicidal to me." "I'm not suicidal, I promise." "And I was just kidding. Trying to get some sparkle into you, but I’m serious about you visiting a counselor. You need someone to talk with. I promise you, sharing your feelings will help you enormously." She scoffed and pushed a spoon of cereal into her mouth with the idea of appeasing the lawyer and getting him out of the house, but almost gagged at the lumpy, congealed mess. Shuddering expressively she forced herself to swallow. Ben chuckled before pushing the bowl out of her reach. "Don’t make yourself sick just to try to get rid of me. I told you, I’ve been there and I remember all of the tricks. Smile, say all of the expected things, then go ahead and make as many promises to the irritating adults for whatever they ask as long as they leave you alone." "Didn’t you say you had papers I need to take care of?" Debney sat straighter on her stool and pushed the hair from her face again. "Can we do that now? I’m really tired."
 "Right, let’s get to that in a minute, but first call and make that appointment."
 "You don’t believe I’ll do it?"
 "Not at all." THIS NOVEL IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed
Nook and iTunes



Before you leave, please take some time to do this…

Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in






  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?
  • Is there a way I can enhance it visually?
  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?
  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?
  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.
    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES" At Smashwords HERE Put in code: MP63V

    0 comments:

    deep love


    In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


    D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

    questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

    bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


    D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

    an NA drama filled with

    angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

    love.

    My Life on the Brink

    D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
    This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
    Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

    Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

    Get Your Print Copy

    Get Your Print Copy
    Print Copy

    Grab Pins

    Grab Pins
    Word to word.

    Request Review Copy


    FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

    Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

    We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

    Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


    a review from ARC

    In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

    But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

    I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

    Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
    A highly recommended read!


    Locksie

    ARC Book Club Inc.

    Book Trailers

    Book Trailers
    See a Varitey of The Videos

    Wade-In Publishing

    Wade-In Publishing
    Author's web Page

    Followers

    Follow by Email


    x

    Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner