My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

Sometimes Our Choices Are Our Biggest Downfall


Recently I read a review questioning a certain choice I made in my life. 
It says it was in the mindset of an immature person...I had to laugh. I just turned eighteen, of course most of my choices have been made immaturely.

The promise Nadine, Giante' and I made to give our virginity only to each other, was a promise we made as a ten year old after watching some horrible teen flick.

The fact I pushed Giante' into going through with the promise on my eighteenth birthday...well that was the act of a desperate, angry, jealous teen. Angry at my family, desperate for attention and jealous of all the other girls in school who had their eyes on Giante'.

Was it a good choice? I could say 'no' because of the situation I find myself in, but if I had to do it again, I probably would.


Excerpt:

Debney laughed softly. Following Nadine’s path she subconsciously searched the room for new signs of her family. Everything was exactly the same….untouched and ignored.
"Definitely no more trips to Italy and as for parties, I will never have another party in my life."
In the kitchen, the fine layer of dust lying over the surface of the counters spoke of the lack of movement in the house. No one had been inside for more than a few minutes for months. Debney grabbed a towel from a drawer and cleaning solution from a cabinet in the back of the room. As she cleaned the surface of the island, Nadine aimlessly strolled around the room lifting and rearranging things, following a habit she’d developed from childhood. It always amused them to rearrange the knickknacks around the room and send her mother’s OCD behavior into overdrive.
"Good, because you have in one single night ruined your reputation in this community. I must say you threw one hell of a party. You had quality liquor for underage drinking, a near drowning in the pool, multi-partner premarital sex and a visit from the coroner all in one night. No one will be able to top it."
"I provided nothing more exciting than the typical span of a teenager’s weekend."
"Hey, speak for yourself. I don’t do any of those other things and I don’t know of anyone else who has had the coroner come to their home."
Nadine pulled out one of the stools and climbed on. Resting her elbow on the damp surface, she pointed at Debney.
"And neither did you before that night, so don’t go playing all hard and knowledgeable. We spent our days studying and texting, our nights on the computer and our weekends hanging out with Gianté. The majority of our little group totally understands how you freaked out that night. Who wouldn’t have? It was your eighteenth birthday and your parents left you alone in a huge house. What else could you do but throw a party?"
"You know that’s not how it happened. My plan was to spend the evening alone with Gianté. His mom talked him into bringing the football team with him."
"I heard about all of that. The thing is, after the coroner left, you kept the party going. Most people would have sent everyone home. Your parents were dead…."
"Nadine, stop moving things around. You know my mom doesn’t like things touched or rearranged."
Lifting a brow as she looked at Debney, Nadine put the small fruit bowl she was holding on the floor by her foot instead of replacing it on the counter.
"Your mom isn’t here anymore. I think you may need to change the looks of the rooms and then you’ll be able to move back into this house. There’s no reason you--"
"Nadine, let’s not talk about that night here," Debney interrupted Nadine’s flow of words by walking to and opening the patio door. "I’m hungry and food is over there." She pointed in the direction of the pool house. "That’s where I’m going."
"Okay, okay, I can take a hint. Still scared of your mommy, huh, or should I say ‘mummy’?"
"You can say you won’t be invited back over if you don’t change the subject."

0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner