My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

My Heart Stops Beating When I am Near You #amreading #romance #NA

If only my breath would flow, my heart beat, my brain function-when you are near.
If I could only keep my mouth shut, my life wouldn't be so hard. I wouldn't have to spend my evenings writing down my silly mistakes in a stupid journal. I'm so quick, believing I should always be in defense mode - I only hurt the ones who are trying to help. 

Dear journal, this was the show of my latest insecurities:
"Are you okay?" Lifting her head and lowering it just as quickly when her gaze smacked straight into the concerned eyes of Giante' De Vries, Debney sighed and cursed under her breath irritably. 
Not bothering to answer she continued on her measured course down. Giante' walked the stairs backward and directly in front of her. His left hand sliding unhurriedly down the rail with the arm held stiffly. Successfully giving the impression he would protect her from falling. His hands were huge, smooth and long fingered. And from what she tried hard not to remember, extremely gentle. She felt the heat rise in her face as quickly as the shame entered her thoughts. Above all the others she remembered him. Every thought she ever had of him caused her to ridicule herself. If the imminent danger of falling wasn't weighing heavily on her mind she would have closed her eyes to avoid the compassion in his.

 "You know it wouldn't hurt you to pretend you know me, Debney. Hell we've spent every summer together for as long as I can remember. I'm just worried about you Deb." 


"I'm fine." Her voice came out in little more than a whisper. 

It had been days since anyone had spoken to her. Weeks if you subtracted the cruel sarcastic tones of voices. She quickened her steps trying to brush past him as soon as her feet hit solid ground but he as usual blocked her path.

 "I haven't seen you in a while. What with football practice and Spring Break I haven't had time to roam the halls." He bent down a little to try and see her face through the curtain of her thick dark hair. His smile was encouraging and the only thing she could see of his face without boldly throwing her head back. She just didn't feel that brave. The last time she let her emotions rule her actions all hell had fallen into her life.


  "That's fine, Giante' it didn't matter. Everything has been the same. Can you move I have things I need to do before the bell rings?" 


"Why do you always run from me, Debney?" 

Doing her best not to wiggle her neck in the current attitudinal broken hinged fashion, she answered louder than necessary. 

“Why do you always stand in my way, Giant?”
 Her irritation at being confronted plainly showing. She knew anything she did out of her ordinary habit of scurrying through the crowd would draw unwanted attention in her direction and standing still in the middle of the hallway was something she avoided as much as possible. When it came to finding a victim for harassment she was the biggest target and she preferred to be a moving one. Peering around at the students in the hallway she took a steadying breath. Maybe if she let him have a few moments of conversation he would hurry and move and she would be free to go on her way.

 "You know I don't like you calling me that, Deb." 


Of course she knew. He had been teased with the nick name from the third grade onward. Ever since kindergarten he'd been shoulders and head taller than the other boys his age and after the summer of their fifth grade year he'd outgrown those same boys by another nine inches. Tossing her head back and pushing the hair from her face she commanded herself to look him boldly in the eyes, and immediately disobeyed. At almost seven feet tall Giante' looked like a god. A tall muscular well built beautiful Asian god and she loved him. A fact he seemed unaware of. Looking around anywhere and everywhere but in his face she noticed the movement of the students had practically stopped. The volume in the hallway lowered as it filled with more bodies. The sudden drop in decibel of noise was an obvious sign of interest in the couple's conversation. The crowd of students were either pretending to retrieve articles from their lockers or outright listening to their discussion. She lowered her voice. 

 "I'm sorry, Giante'. I didn't mean to shout or call you that. My last class was a nightmare and I really have something I need to do before the next one. Listen…." she grabbed the strap of her sagging backpack in preparation to swing it to her other side and he yanked it from her hand. The action caused her to lean forward precariously only to be saved from falling by him stepping forward and bearing her weight in his arms. Moving quickly she righted herself and stepped back a few paces. Using both hands to brush the hair from her face she sighed and wiggled her shoulders in relief at the momentary removal of the added weight.


 "Are you supposed to be carrying things this heavy?" Giante' raised the bag up and down testing its weight. "It's as big as your stomach and probably heavier than you are." 


"Obviously you know nothing about social graces when it comes to talking to pregnant women." She reached for her bag and he switched it to his other hand. "Or should I say women in general." She saw the heat rise in his face and felt ashamed again for causing him embarrassment. He used to be one of her best friends, one of the last ones to stand by her side and all she could do whenever they met was cause him shame. "You know what, Giante'? Don't worry about the size of my stomach. You should mind your own damned business." 

"Should you even be walking downstairs in your condition?  Isn't the baby due soon? You should ask your mom…." 

Debney interrupted his reprimand angrily. Moving without thought she stepped towards him and in less than a second she was so close to Giante' that their stomachs touched. His immediate step backwards spoke volumes to his revulsion to the contact and she lost it. In her anger she poked his chest with the nail of her pointer finger. 

"Ask her what, Giante'? Ask her what she thinks of her only daughter being pregnant? Ask her if she misses me? If she's glad she gets to spend eternity away from me? Or should I just ask her how she feels being dead?" 

Stunned at voicing the questions she only repeated to herself when she was alone at night Debney covered her mouth with her hands and stared at the hurt, shocked look on Giant's face. She regretted hurting him, but she just didn't have the energy to coddle anyone. All she wanted was to be left alone.


 

THIS NOVEL IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed
Nook and iTunes

Before you leave, please take some time to do this…

Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in



  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?
  • Is there a way I can enchance it visually?
  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?
  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?
  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.
    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES" At Smashwords HERE Put in code: MP63V

    0 comments:

    deep love


    In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


    D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

    questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

    bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


    D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

    an NA drama filled with

    angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

    love.

    My Life on the Brink

    D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
    This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
    Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

    Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

    Get Your Print Copy

    Get Your Print Copy
    Print Copy

    Grab Pins

    Grab Pins
    Word to word.

    Request Review Copy


    FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

    Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

    We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

    Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


    a review from ARC

    In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

    But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

    I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

    Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
    A highly recommended read!


    Locksie

    ARC Book Club Inc.

    Book Trailers

    Book Trailers
    See a Varitey of The Videos

    Wade-In Publishing

    Wade-In Publishing
    Author's web Page

    Followers

    Follow by Email


    x

    Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner