My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

I Love You in Spite of You #YA #amreading

I just had to write this...
The fact I'm going to be a teen mom is no surprise to anyone who knows me, it's Giante's unwavering belief in me that is surprising. This is one of my favorite excerpts.



Clad in her bathing suit she had been sitting on the steps of the pool with her feet dangling in the water nonchalantly listening to her iPod and reading from one of the pile of books on pregnancy and home child birth stacked at her side when she received the shock of his presence. She hadn't noticed him coming from the side of the house until his feet were in the water and planted on the steps next to hers.

Startled by their sudden appearance she almost dropped the book in the water. Pulling the ear phones from her ears she pushed everything away from the water's edge and turned to look into his face.

. "Giante', you scared the hell outta me. When did you get back in town?"
"Yesterday, you would have known if you had been answering your phone. I've been calling you for weeks. As soon as I got back from the cruise I came over. I've been ringing the doorbell to the house and you never answered. When I came to the back, you were never here. I was getting really worried about you. I finally got in touch with Nadine and she said you were still staying in the guest house. Why haven't you been answering my calls?"

 "I had to get a new number so I got a new cell phone." She held up the newest on the market. "I figured since I run my own life now I could get what I want. As for me not being here, maybe you came when I was out riding around. There are a few things I've had to take care of lately."

"Why'd you get a new phone number?"


"I was getting  too many harassing phone calls from idiot people. Everyone from school seems to have made it their business to text or phone to threaten me with bodily harm and call me names." She laughed abruptly. "It seems as if I'm now the school slut. I'm being threatened and insulted because I used you and probably ruined your life. I didn't know so many girls wanted to get you in bed."

 "Still doesn't explain why you didn't call me."
Debney looked at him and then away. Her eyes fell on the pile of books and she averted her eyes. Watching her reaction closely, Giante' followed the path of her gaze.
 "Is this why you're trying to avoid me?" He held up a book titled- So, You're a Teen and Pregnant. "I guess there's no need to ask what your problem is. I thought you promised you wouldn't hide from me or blame me for anything."
 "I'm not hiding or blaming you for anything. I just thought I would give you the opportunity to save face and stay away from me the way Nadine is doing. She's afraid of her reputation being ruined and I understand that. School starts in a couple of weeks and I know students can be brutal. I don't want you to suffer any repercussions from anything dealing with me."
 "Girl I'm a man. Crap like that doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the fact you're having my kid and you're hanging at the edge of a pool and not living in the home your father gave you."

"I can't live in that house. I feel like I killed everyone to get it."

 Giante stood and pulled her to her feet.

"That's ridiculous."

 "You know what I wished. If I hadn't made the statement they would be here."

"Ridiculous. You think you're some kind of super hero that can kill with your mind?" He threw back his head and laughed. "Have you started seeing that psychiatrist yet?"

 "I'm not crazy." She attempted to hit him he dodged, moved behind her and pushed her into the water.

"Good because I don't want my kid having a crazy person for a mother."

Removing things from the pockets of his shorts he jumped into the pool after her. Resurfacing quickly he wiped the excess droplets of water from his face and watched Debney swim to the deepest end of the pool and treaded water.

 "How do you know the baby is yours?"
 "I just know."
 "Don't have so much faith in me, Giante'. I'm so disgusted with myself. What the hell was I thinking? I didn't remember what I had done at the party until a couple of idiots in the grocery store broadcast it to the entire population standing in the line. I was so embarrassed I could have died. Instead I pulled out my best Nicole voice and tore them up."
"You probably would have made your mother proud."
 "Probably would have." The light heartedness of the moment disappeared and she climbed out of the pool. "I'm tired. Go home Giante' I'll talk to you later."
 "You're not running away from me Debney." He hurriedly followed her out and pulled her towards a deck chair. "Sit down. If we don't talk now we won't have a chance. Once school starts life will be hectic. This is your senior year. I want us to leave school with a bang." He squat down next to her chair and gathered his belongings. "Do you honestly believe you will be able to go through this pregnancy alone Debney."
"I plan to go as far as invisibility and ignorance allows me. I'm going to take advantage of the fact people tend to ignore me and I'll wear huge none revealing clothing. It will be months before anyone knows. That is as long as you don't open your mouth and tell the world, no one will know."
"Me, keeping my mouth shut may be a problem. I have nothing to be ashamed of. "
 "Then you're a damned fool Giante'. I can't go back to being the studious good girl I used to be. My best girl friend is shunning me and the only guy I've considered a friend has lost his mind and wants to give up his future for a child that may not be his."
"Debney I can't think like that. I know things happened that night which you are ashamed of. The time we spent together is not a part of that and that's what I choose to remember. We made arrangements and a promise to always be there for one another. I don't plan on leaving your side unless you demand me to. "
 "Right, listen I'll just tell you the plans I do have. No discussion. For the next few months or as long as possible I'm keeping this pregnancy a secret. I will go to my midwife for appointments. Yes I'm having the baby at home. I will live in the guest house, have a baby, hire a nanny, use my scholarship to college and love my life and child. That's it and all. No if, ands, or buts and no variations to my plans."

"And I have no say so?"

"And yes, you or whoever thinks they may be the father has no say so."

0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner