My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

Armen Pogharian is Inspiring Teens to Read. #ya #amreading

I just had to write this...

What a big day it is in my journal. I am so excited.
This week my author Ey Wade and several others are part of a blog hop and its all about Teens and Reading. 
Since I am a teen who really loves reading, Ey thought it would be cool for me to interview the author of the day. 
So without further ado, I would love to introduce you to Armen Pogharian.

Mr. Pogharian, thank you for coming, please have a seat. You won't believe how many questions I have.
Why do you think Teen Read Week is important? 
Between school, sports, and their social lives teens have a lot things competing for their time. It’s too easy for reading to become a chore they .. have to complete before they can do what they want. The habits they form as teens will carry over into their adult lives. If reading, for pleasure, isn’t one of those habits, they’ve closed one of the doors to knowledge. 

 What do you think we could do to encourage youngsters to read more? 
I think most of it falls on parents. Whether it’s reading bedtime stories, listening to books in the car, or just reading themselves, parents need to communicate that reading is fun. Parents need to interact with their children, read their books and talk with their children about books. Obviously some of that works better with younger children than teens, but the foundation needs to be laid early. As authors, we need to continue writing stories that appeal to teens. 
  When you were a teenager what books did you like to read and did you have an all-time favorite character? 
I'm a sci-fi/fantasy nerd, and I’ve been one my entire life. I read all of the big names (Tolkien, Asimov, Norton, Clarke, Donaldson, McCaffrey, Le Guin, Herbert, et al) and was especially fond of series books. I read the books for the worlds they created or the possibilities they imagined. The characters were great, but I wouldn’t say that I had a favourite.
Oooh, I love writings by Asimov. I believe Ey does, too. 
Were you writing as a teenager? If so, what were you writing and what inspired you? Did a person inspire you to write? 
No, I’m the exception that proves the rule, or whatever the saying is. I loved to read, but I was not interested in writing at all. I had a vivid imagination, but I never felt the need to put pen to paper. To be fair, I wasn’t a particularly gifted writer and I certainly lacked confidence. I only became a writer when I saw that my children were very similar to me and I wanted them to be more open than I was at their age. Fortunately, my efforts opened another door for me as well as for them. 
Do you think today’s teens are in a better position if they want to be a writer than you were all those years ago (hee hee)? Me, I could write a book when it comes to the drama in my life.
Absolutely, traditional or maybe I should say organized career paths are drying up, but with today’s technology it’s never been easier to get your work seen. Of course, that’s no guarantee of success. Easier access means more competition for readers, but that’s not a bad thing.
What advice would you give a youngster who enjoys writing?
Keep at it. Don’t give up. Even if you don’t want to pursue it as a career, make room for it in your life. It’s like learning to play an instrument. Most people will never pursue it as a career, but their entire lives are enriched by a deeper appreciation of music. Writing provides a similar creative outlet, and just like music, it requires practice to blossom. 
 Let's talk about your books... What is your latest book about?
I recently published the second book of the Misaligned series, Misaligned: The Silver Scepter. The series revolves around a question. What happens at the intersection of String Theory and the Welsh origin of Arthurian legend? The second book begins with the main characters from the first book, Penny, a gifted 8th grader whose misalignment with our universe gives her special abilities and her best friend Duncan, dealing with the aftermath of their previous adventure. While closing a fold in time, they inadvertently let something from the past through. Their small upstate NY town is suddenly inundated with a rash of escalating and unexplainable pranks. College students at a nearby archaeological site uncover an artifact that’s mysteriously known to both Iroquois and Celtic myth. Penny and her friends must uncover the connections and solve the puzzle to save their town and our civilization.
That sounds really interesting. Are you working on anything new? 
 Yes, I’m working on a separate YA fantasy series called The Warders. It’s a James Bond-like adventure, with competing secret organizations, assassins, and such set in a traditional high fantasy world. Magic, monsters, and fantasy races take the place of technological gadgets, super-villains, and rival nations. The first book, The Poisoned Princess will be released by the end of October. I’m about halfway through the second book, tentatively titled The Double Count. 
  What do you love about being an author? Are you finding any fun in the process?
 Let’s see, just about everything. Like most authors, I appreciate reading positive reviews or having someone tell me they enjoyed one of my books. I love it when my children ask to read one of my partials and share their thoughts about where the stories going. Those are great external motivations, but they’re only half of it. Internally, I relish the entire creative process. There are small things within my stories that no one else is ever likely to notice, but that I really enjoyed creating. As an example, unless it detracts from the flow of the story, every number in the Misaligned series is a prime number. Even smaller than that are turns of phrase and word usage. I might spend an hour on a single sentence to get it just the way I like it. It can be frustrating, but when I get it, it’s tremendously rewarding. Many writers say that authors should write for their readers. That’s true, but you also need to write for yourself. If you’re not enjoying it, then I think you’re doing something wrong.

Well said. I enjoyed this visit, Armen. Thanks so much for stopping over . 
Everyone, please visit and join Armen on his FB page to enter for a chance to win copies of his e-books, the winner will get one of his/her choice.

 Author FB Page
 Author Blog
Goodreads~ 

7 comments:

vickiejohnstone said...

Thanks Debney for hosting today, and thank you to Armen for his interview and terrific prize. Have a lovely day! :)

Greta .Burroughs said...

Wow, that's great. Thanks Ey and Armen for being such a great part of our blog hop.

Armen said...

My thanks to Debney for hosting and to Ey for being so understanding. Best of luck to both of you!

Sharon Ledwith said...

Great premise on your series, Armen - very original! Cheers and best wishes in all your publising endeavors!

Armen said...

Sharon - thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you as well!

Ey Wade said...

Thank you all for visiting ArmenP and Debney. Best of luck on sales,Armen.

Armen said...

Thanks, Ey! I really appreciate having you and Debney host me for this event. I hope some new people made it by your site.

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner