My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

Debney Accepts the Fact Her Friends Have Turned Their Backs on Her

This is one of the hardest times I had to deal with. All of my life I have never felt so alone and unwanted. I want to write more about it, but it hurts too much. I'll just let the excerpt show you what I mean.
*********************

None of her school friends were being nice to her. Confused she'd called Nadine, but her calls weren't being returned. It had been days since she'd heard let alone seen her friend and she felt as if she was being avoided. In desperation she emailed Nadine and received a long explanation about rumors of things she had done at her birthday party and felt ashamed. Ashamed of things she didn’t remember and now that she knew things she wished she could forget.
Nadine, spouting the wish to not be seen hanging around with her, would no longer be visiting. As close as they had been throughout the years, Debney knew the distance the effects from the rumors drove them apart, it would take more energy to surmount than she was mentally able to accomplish. Debney reluctantly let her friend go.
She began to slowly but surely feel herself spiraling into a pit of depression faster than she could talk herself out of and she ran to the home of the only friend she had. Hoping she would still be welcomed, if not by her friends at least by her friend's mother.
At Nadine’s house she’d always found solitude among the chaos. When the moments spent around her mother had become unbearable she would run into the arms of Mrs. Cook who would hold her close for a minute, push her away and shove a cooking utensil into her hands.
Together she and Nadine would discuss everything in the kitchen with Mrs. Cook contributing to the conversation only as needed. She never intruded or forced her opinion. Her nonjudgmental attention to their feelings had been priceless and hopefully nothing had changed.
In desperation for her sanity Debney squeezed through the bushes and walked slowly down the street to Nadine’s house. Walking through the ornate back gate of Nadine's home she tapped a couple of times before opening the door to the kitchen and running straight into the arms of Mrs. Cook.
“I was wondering when you would make your way over here.” After a big hug and a couple of quick pats on the back, Mrs. Cook pushed Debney out of her arms and towards the kitchen sink where a colander of raw okra sat. “You can rinse and then cut those while we talk.”
“So,” Debney sniffed and wiped the tears rolling down her face with the sleeve of her t-shirt. “Where’s Nadine?”
“She’s gone for the evening with a couple of the girls from school.” Mrs. Cook looked up briefly from her task of frying pork chops. She noticed the studious way Debney avoided looking in her direction but said nothing. After a few moments of silence she quietly stated an observation. “You're pretty quiet. What have you been doing lately? I’m surprised you didn’t go with them. You all used to hang together.”
“Yeah, well….” Debney moved the colander from the sink to the cutting board on the cabinet. Picking up the knife she began cutting the okra, each slice slow and deliberate.
“Looks like you two have been avoiding each other.”
“Yeah….”
“Well…. I know.” Mrs. Cook interrupted. “That’s exactly what I hear from Nadine. Yeah, well. Friends don’t avoid each other at a time like this. You have to let hurt feelings go. You’re alone sweetie you need to be around people who care about you.”
“I know.” She swiped at the tears again but they were falling faster than she could wipe them and before she knew it she was crying so hard she was unable to see what she was doing. “I just don’t have anyone. I’ve made Nadine ashamed of me. Not that I blame her a bit and anyway I’m not good company anymore because all I feel like doing is crying.”
“Yeah but don’t do it over the food.” She handed Debney a wet paper towel.  “The salt will cause Mr. Cook’s blood pressure to rise.”
“Eww,” Debney giggled softly. “Sometimes I can see where Nadine gets her craziness from.”
“Why don’t you go home and get some clothes and spend the night or even the weekend over here? Nadine would like that.”
Debney looked at Ms. Cook and smiled sadly. Poor sweet woman was always blind to the obvious.
“No I don’t think so. I did see when she left. To tell the truth I just came over to talk to you. Just to get a little semblance of normality. I think Nadine and I are going in different circles now.” She sniffed. “Listen, I’m going to leave.” She pushed the bowl of cut okra in the woman’s direction. “I felt like I was suffocating and thought I just needed a break from over there. Thanks for letting me hang out. Please don’t tell Nadine I was here.”
“Okay if that’s what you want. If you don’t want to come over, you can call any time day or night. You can talk to me about anything. I don’t want you sitting alone in that big house holding things in. And I don’t want you working yourself into a frenzy searching for news over the internet. Yeah I heard that’s what you’ve been doing. You’ll only make yourself ill.”
Debney stopped in the process of walking out of the door and turned back to look at Mrs. Cook. The older woman stood with her arms crossed and her elbow propping the door opened.
“I have to keep searching. I just feel as if I were too quick in accepting my brothers’ death. Their bodies haven’t been found. I don't want to believe my entire family is gone. I just want to have a reason to wake in the mornings.
“That’s understandable and just like you I’m really hoping a mistake has been made, but you can’t spend all of your time locked alone in that house. Promise me you’ll come back.”
“I promise.” 
“Don’t make a promise just to get away from me.”
“I’m not. I wasn’t here long and you lifted my spirits. You’re just what I needed.”
“I’m glad I helped. Go on home and relax. You want me to send you something over to eat when the food is finished? I’ll send one of the boys.”
“I’d appreciate it. Just don’t send Jacob.”
“I wouldn’t do that. His crush is obvious.”
“I’m glad you know it. Thank you for being there for me.” She hugged the woman by the neck before closing the screened door.
“And don’t forget to call me if you need anything or even to just talk.” Mrs. Cook yelled through the screen as Debney walked out of the yard to return to her luxurious self-imposed prison.

0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner