My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

I Dont Care If His Mom Hates Me!

Entry 11-I'm glad you're still reading my journal. This really seems to be helping me. I just have to tell you about the morning after our return from Europe. I lay on a deck chair in the broiling sun, whispering comforting words to my poor baby. Rubbing my flat stomach, I promised the baby I would never lie to it or be anything like its grandmother. Lol, that's right before I made this elaborate story of how I was crying from the effect of the sun burning my exposed skin and not from the admitted failure of the impromptu visit to Italy. When my cell phone rang, I grabbed it from the small table at my side with the intention of hitting the ignore button until I read the caller ID. It was Gianté's mother. Before I pushed the button, all sorts of thoughts went through my head. There was no way that woman was calling to be sociable. I knew that more than likely I was about to be ripped apart and Mrs. De Vicari was just the one to do it.As irrational as it would seem to any of you reading this, I almost smiled at the idea. I'd relished the thought of being yelled at. Even a lecture from someone else’s mother was better than the feeling of having no one in the world care whether you were dead or alive.

*******

"Debney, it's Mrs. De Vicari," the woman on the other end of the line announced abruptly when the call was answered. "I’m at the front of your house. I can see your car and know you're in there. You can’t ignore me so come and open the door."

"Mrs. De Vicari, I'm sorry. I didn’t hear the bell," she explained quickly. "I'll be right there. I’m out by the pool."

Wiping the tears from her face, she quickly ran into the house and through the foyer, pausing to catch her breath before opening the door. Without preamble, Mrs. De Vicari brushed past Debney, stomped down the hallway and into the large open space of the combined living room/kitchen area. Debney followed more slowly. She wasn’t in the mood for a blowout of an argument and it was obvious from the woman’s gait and posture she was angry as hell and this was going to be more than a simple lecture.

Without saying a word, Debney went into the kitchen and took out two bottles of cold water from the fridge and held one out towards Mrs. De Vicari, who promptly and icily declined the offer. The woman's gaze scoured up and down Debney’s bikini-clad body in revulsion, the look filled with so much venom it caused Debney to move behind the kitchen island to protect herself. She had seen the woman’s volatile temper many times, seen her lose control and throw things, but this time she looked as if she were about to explode.
"I didn’t come here to be social, Debney Armstrong. I came here to make it plain how pissed off I am. I talked to Giant all night last night and ate him up more before he went off to practice this morning. It took everything within me to keep me from coming here last night and bitch you out."
Debney took a sip of water. Looking over its top at the angry woman, she thought about telling her of the restraint it took within herself to keep from telling her how much Gianté hated being called ‘Giant’.  Instead she lowered the bottle and licked her lips before answering.
"Ooookay."
"Is that all you're going to say, 'okay', as if it means nothing to you? Are you so much like your cold-hearted bitch of a mother that you don’t give a damn about the feelings of others?"
Debney choked and coughed violently at the unexpected caustic comment, but was stopped from making a response by the continued verbal assault.
"Don't bother to answer. Nuts never fall far from their tree. How could you just jump on a plane and leave the country? By yourself it would have just been your business, but to take the children of caring families with you is outrageous. Are you crazy?"
"No, Ma'am. I’m sorry, but they wanted to come."
"Sorry? Sorry doesn’t cut it. Sorry is not enough to erase the fear and worry I had for my child. You better be glad you’re hiding back there because I could just grab you and beat you." She took a deep breath that had nothing to do with aiding in calming her. It only seemed to fan the fire. "And to make things even worse, I hear you're pregnant." The woman practically screeched. "What the hell is wrong with you? Giant made me promise not to tell anyone else anything, but I'm going to tell you this....you are not putting that little heartless creature on my Giant. This will not be his child or his responsibility. You can be sure you better handle it yourself."
Debney put the bottle of water on the cabinet of the kitchen island and crossed her arms across her stomach, subconsciously shielding her unborn child.
"Ooookay, aren’t you supposed to be the adult here and give constructive criticism?" She watched the other woman's brow lift a little at the rebuke, and it gave her courage. She had never been one to back down from a full-frontal verbal attack. "Isn’t this supposed to be the part where you tell me things will be alright or say something to ease the fears I am having?" Folding her arms in a more relaxed fashion, she smiled a little. "Aren’t you supposed to be the guiding light to my wayward, youthful ways?"
"What the hell? This isn’t a damned joke. What’s wrong with you, Debney? I feel as if I don't know you. For the past four years you’ve been with us on every vacation. You and Giant were like brother and sister for years. It was a mistake letting him come over here for a party. I knew your parents weren’t home. What were you thinking? Were you out of your mind? How could you have what boils down to be nothing more than an orgy?"
"Wha....that’s not true. What happened got out of control. It was a huge mistake. I can’t tell you how much I regret it."
"I bet you do. From what I've heard you aren’t able to tell the father of your baby. I can promise you this much, you will not put your child on him."
"I have no intentions of doing anything like that. Anyway, I didn’t invite anyone over here that night but Gianté. You sent everyone else here. What do you think teenage boys would do in a house when no adults are present? I admit I did lose my mind after the police left, but I’m in control now. This baby is nobody’s business. I mean nobody's. So you can stop worrying and take your screaming, hollering presence somewhere else. I need calm in my life."
"Stop worrying? You’ve just screwed up your life and I don’t intend to let you do it to my son."
"I said the party was a mistake. I said nothing about my baby. Not once have I thought of it as a tool to destroy my life. If anything, it has saved my life. The child will be my responsibility. There is nothing I can’t handle myself. I don't need anyone."
"Please, girl, you're damned delusional. Look at this house." Mrs. De Vicari waved her hands around in a large circle; the perfectly overlong nails clicked together in disgust. "Those dishes have been in the sink for how long, weeks? The trash hasn’t been emptied and these rooms haven’t been dusted, swept or mopped. You can’t handle things on your own and you sure as hell don’t have the mental ability to know you can’t just jump on an airplane and leave the country."
"All it took was money and I have plenty of that."
"Money is neither the answer nor the excuse for everything. You have to know when to use your common sense, little girl. You're treating all of this mess as if it were a joke. A made-for-TV teenage reality show where you can have orgies, flit in and out of the country and come back and think everything will just be hunky-dory. Life doesn't work that way, you little idiot. I’ve had it with the way you flit around in a dream world. You can’t live in a bubble and not think your actions won’t cause a reaction from the people around you. You have to know when to be the adult."
"I don't think I have much of a choice any more. I need some closure in my life in order to be a parent to this baby. My intention was to go to Italy on my own, but Gianté begged to come along. Why would I have told him no? He is the best friend I have ever had. I would give and do anything for him."
"Like make him responsible for a child that couldn't possibly be his."
"You must not know Gianté like I do. There is nothing I can make him do if he didn't want to do it. As for making him responsible for my child…. please, there's no way. There is no guy my age that can provide me financial aid better than I can for myself. I want nothing from anyone so you can just go on back across the street and stop worrying."
"It's not you I worry about; it's that poor baby you're carrying. I must admit when I heard the news of your family being killed, I rushed right over. I felt really guilty about the evil thoughts I had been having about your mom pushing you into our family vacation for the fourth straight year. I felt as if my complaining had brought on the tragedy. I was sorry you lost your family at such a young age, but now I see my sympathy was wasted. You are your mother’s daughter. She always paraded her wealth and trod on the feelings of others. You’re just like her, an ungrateful, and selfish. Pumping herself up to believe she was some sort of puissant, when in reality she was a pissant of a human being."
Debney looked into Mrs. De Vicari's eyes and saw the hate clearly.
"Mrs. D., what have I ever done to you to make you dislike me so much? Don’t say anything about my baby and don’t blame it on a fruitless trip. You’ve disliked me for years. I just don’t understand why. You can’t be blaming me for taking vacations with you. I was a child and had no choice. You, on the other hand , could have said no. I wish you would have and then I could have gone with them on their trips. I don't understand the reasoning for your hate of me. Is it an air I exude? My mother hated me, too. Is it something about me that just makes people hate me for no reason?"
"I don't know what your mom's problem was, other than she was an idiot, but I don't hate you. I just don't trust you. I never have. Don't think I haven't seen the way you and Giant look at each other. I've known for years that you felt more than the brotherly-sisterly attraction and I wanted to keep you apart and then you go and play this trick. Well, it’s not going to work. I'm not going to let it."
"I don't even know why you think this is Gianté's baby. "
Mrs. De Vicari moved quickly around the island and didn't pause in her steps until she closed the space between her and Debney. Leaning forward, she pointed her finger into Debney’s face, the nail of her finger pressing into the skin at the tip of her nose.
"You have done to my son exactly what I always knew you would do. You have hurt him to the heart. You sleep with all of his friends and now you're pregnant by only God knows who. He's sitting over there just as miserable as he was during our vacation. I know all he thinks about is you and you sit over here in your big fancy house, counting your money and sunbathing and not giving a damn about what my child is feeling. That’s what has me so pissed off."
Debney backed away. "I’m not thinking about him? Are you kidding? My head is full of him, my parents, my brothers and now this baby. You can’t even imagine what torturous thoughts have been going on in my mind. Imagine your world shattered into a million pieces by a knock on the door. Worse, imagine Jayda gone, just eliminated from the face of the earth. Oh wait, live with the thought Jayda may be out there alive somewhere, maybe hurt or being hurt, but you can’t find her. That is only part of what I live with daily and I want to scream and disappear ,too. I don't even come in this house because the memories hurt so badly.
"Everything in here makes me want to close my eyes from the pains of remembering and I don't have the luxury of having either of my friends to console me. So don't tell me anything about Gianté being miserable because he's only going through a child’s illusion of misery. I live in the real world."
"I'm sorry for what you're going through, but you’re not going to drag my child into it. My only concern is for him. I have known you for years and you're stronger than you think and you'll be okay. Giant has been through enough in his life and I will do anything I feel necessary to keep him happy, even if it makes him miserable. Stay away from him, Debney."
"Oh my God, you're so callous. You talk as if I planned everything. Do you really think I’m happy with the way my life is going? What’s good in it? I can’t go back to being the virgin Debney Nichole Armstrong, who lived with a family and had best friends." She wiped at the tears she hadn’t realized were rolling down her cheeks and tossed her head so her hair revealed the determination in her face. "I have nothing and no one. My life has changed. I’ve changed. And I don’t know if it’s for the worse or the better, but I do know I have to live on. When school starts next week, I’m determined to fulfill my educational goals, ignore all those who have imaginary issues with me and hopefully graduate before I become a mother. So if you think that goes to show I don’t care an iota about Gianté, then believe what you want."
"I'm sure you care for him. At one time I was afraid you would entice him to marry you. If you think pushing a baby on him is the way to do it, I’m going to just tell you this. Continue living the fast life and try to drag my child down with you and I'll make sure you will spend the rest of your days fighting for your child."
"Are you threatening me?"
"Without a damned doubt you can believe I'm threatening the very root of your life."
"Wow, that’s what I've always liked about you Mrs. De Vicari. You're always direct and straight to the point." She folded her arms across her chest. "Don’t make a mistake and think you ever knew me, Mrs. De Vicari. I’m not always as nice as I look. I can promise you this much, nothing between us will ever be the same. I may not be a mother yet, but I will fight for this child with as much passion as you fight for Gianté. This baby is mine and I will fight you and anyone else who tries to come between me and it."
"Stay away from my son, Debney. Get your act together and pretend you are going to be a parent. If you can’t handle that, I know enough people to make your life a tortured hell. You know I always hated your mother; don’t make me hate you too."
Mrs. De Vicari turned and stomped out of the room and out of the house.

Purchase in print @ Amazon
D.N.A.is available for download on Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or Kobo, Nook and iTunes. and ready for (whatever model) your e-Reader to eat them up.

0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner