My Drama Can Be Bought

Dear Journal: I just had to tell someone and you're the only one... Take a look at this, my author Ey Wade has made it possible to buy my story directly from her!! I'm so excited because as an author/entrepreneur, it means she will get 90% of the profit. Of course, if you prefer you could also buy from the traditional places.

"D.N.A.- Nothing Would Ever Be The Same" by Ey Wade on Ganxy

And This Is Good News??- entry4

question. I wonder if anyone is really reading this. Of course its just the ramblings of a meandering mind, but it seems to be the only way I can keep myself sane.  So, bear with me if my journal tends to jump around in time. I used to be able to talk to my friends, Nadine and Giante', but I screwed that up royally. In a fit of jealousy at the way the girls at school were drooling over his body, I decided to take Giante' up on the childish promise to lose our virginity with each other. I let drink go to my head and one thing lead to another....
***********************

When her parents went off on vacation and left her behind, she'd felt as if the line had snapped and only raw anger was left in its place. Debney wanted to do something to hurt them as much as they had hurt her.
What possessed her to want to sleep with Gianté she didn’t know. It could have been the combination of almost always being together and the immense change in Gianté. It could have been the actuality of one day her childhood friend Gianté, who was just a giant of a boy, returned to school after a summer away at football camp built like a god and lusted after by every girl on campus. Or maybe it was the stupid promise the three of them made to lose their virginity only between themselves. Seeing the daily parade of hoochie girls vying for Gianté's attention, she knew it wouldn’t be long before he succumbed to their wiles so she decided it was time he kept his promise.
And it was no surprise that when she told Nadine what she wanted to do, Nadine jumped right on board. Nadine thought of it as a big, romantic adventure and gushed through the entire planning of the night. Together they decided Debney would invite Gianté over on the pretext of celebrating her eighteenth birthday and they would have a romantic dinner before she and Gianté would toss their virginity away. In the end, the two girls and Gianté sat together watching a movie in the guest house and planned the night step by step.
On the afternoon of her eighteenth birthday, Debney held out clothes for inspection as Nadine lay on the bed in Debney’s bedroom.
"You keep looking at me and saying 'we' oddly when you talk about what’s going to go on tonight. You’re not thinking of having a threesome are you, Debney? Because it’s not gonna happen. I’m not ready to have sex yet."
"No girl, that’s gross," Debney laughed. "I automatically think of us all as one, but this is going to be between me and Gianté tonight. When you’re ready then he’ll be there for you, of course. What do you think about these shoes with this skirt?"
"It’s fine. Why do you need to get all dressed up? Just meet him at the door stark naked. No one else will be here and then you can get it over all the quicker."
"Are you crazy? I want my first time to be memorable. Hold on let me go get something." She ran into her parents’ room and came back with a huge pair of diamond earrings. "What do you think of these?" She held one of the earrings to her ear and her hair up and out of the way. "I’m going to twist my hair up so he can see them sparkling in the candlelight."
"Your mom will kill you if she knew you were even touching those."
Debney laughed. "She would probably write me out of her will….as if I want anything from her."
"You may as well wear her jewelry if you're going to do the do in her room."
"I sure am and I'm going to leave the room a mess so she'll know exactly what went on. Bed unmade, earrings in the linen."
"You just got that revenge thing all planned out, huh? What about what your dad will say?"
"Hopefully he'll get over it."
"Give up on it. No man wants to know his daughter had sex and especially not in his bed."
Debney laughed. "He'll be alright. He doesn't sleep with her, anyway. Hasn't for--"
"Whoa." Nadine held up her hands and waved them vigorously in the air. "Hey, that's way too much information there. I don't wanna know about their love life, let's just stay on you. Are you going to have candles and protection?"
"Yep, of course I’m ready. I have the dining room all set. It will be just me and him here. If he wants he can stay all weekend or at least come back and forth. I know his mom will be watching from her perch at her living room window to make sure I don't do anything out of hand."
"Are you sure he’s going to come?"
"Yeah, I reminded him I was having a birthday party for myself because my family was going to be out of town and he'd better not let me down. He knows the full plan. I didn’t see a reason to hide anything."
"So why does he have to stay the entire weekend? I thought we were going to take your new car to the beach and talk girl to girl."
"I just thought it would be nice. We can go on Sunday afternoon, just me and you. On Monday, I have to take a stupid trip with the school. I’ll be gone two weeks and then there's the trip with Gianté's family--"
"I know. And by the time you come back I'll be gone with my family. Your mom was really mean to pull that trick and not take you with them. I’d be really pissed."
"I am beyond pissed at her. The last time I saw that woman I told her if I never see her again my life would be glorious. At least my dad cared enough to buy me an awesome new car. I’m still a little pissed at him for not standing up to her, but that's no more than expected. The car almost totally makes up for it. It's beautiful."
"Sure is. My mom says your dad must really love you to spend money on a paint job like that. I've never seen a car with lace etchings."
"He called it my chariot. It is gorgeous. As a matter of fact, let’s take a quick trip to the mall and show it off, then I’ll come back and get ready..."

Well, that turned out to be the night I never want to read about again.
 Anyway, I wanted to share this picture with someone. I know it's hard to see, but this is proof to me that something good can come out of a nightmare. I've been avoiding Giante' and Nadine, my best friend in life has been avoiding me. Not that I blamer her. The people at school can be really cruel and I want none of the muck trailing behind me to be a smear on her. And Giante' as sweet as he is gorgeous just wants to do the 'right' thing. How can I let him when all I thought I knew about my life is in question? Where can I find the truth? Definitely not from my mom...

******************************************
At three weeks after the burial, she knew without doubt she was pregnant. She’d wasted good money on five different drugstore pregnancy tests when she already knew the results. As sure as she knew the grass was green and the sky was blue, she’d known she was pregnant. What she didn't know was who the father was.
Standing in the bathroom of the guest house, she read the markings on the plastic wand of the last pee-stained pregnancy test and screamed. In anger, she picked up the wastebasket filled with the tossed samples and threw it against the wall where it connected and smashed the mirror.
"You have got to be f’in' kidding me" she shouted aloud to the many pieces of her reflection scattered on the floor. "What the hell kind of joke is life playing on me? What in God’s name have I ever done so bad that I deserve to go through another nightmare?" Without warning, rage took over her senses and she lashed out at whatever she could get her hands on. Within moments, she had destroyed everything from shower curtains to ceramics and the once pristine bathroom resembled the destruction of a whirlwind in a Texas city.
Shock, fear and depression chased her until she ran from the guest house and into the main house to hide. As any child, she believed the thought of that being in the presence of her parents would give her a reassuring sanctuary. Reverting to old habits she ran into her parents’ room and buried herself deep under their covers. She slept in their bed, shivering in the fetal position and wore her Dad’s favorite sweater day and night, but nothing changed. All of the daily tears she shed didn’t bring them back and didn’t change the situation. She was still alone and in her solitude, she had to face the fact she was going to have to be the parent.
After three days of barely eating and staying sequestered in the room, Debney began searching through her mother’s things, trying to find something that would give her a reason to stop disliking the woman as much as she did, ‘something’ that would make her believe being a mother could be a glorious option ,or any small thing to give her an iota of hope to believe life would get better. When she lucked upon the bookshelf filled with handwritten journals, hidden in the closet behind her mother’s clothing, she danced with joy, believing she’d hit pay dirt. Maybe she had found the words of a lonely, misunderstood woman and the written pages would be the missing link between mother and daughter. Maybe they would unite a bond in death which life had denied them, but of course nothing was ever predictable with Nicole Armstrong. The woman's natural beauty and serene features never touched the core of her evil heart. The distress Debney received from reading the woman’s written words was devastating.
Throwing the last of her mother’s journals across the room, where it hit the wall and fell to the floor, Debney crawled into her parents’ bed, pulled the covers over her head and closed her eyes. It didn't matter that it was the middle of the afternoon. She couldn't mentally handle another waking moment. Every day brought on another assault to her emotions. Today had been no different. Finally realizing and accepting the fact she was pregnant had thrust her rapidly out of her role of adulthood and back into the comforting presence of her parents' room.
She hid in the bed, wrapped in her dad’s essence, shaking and in denial. Not in denial of the child she would be bringing onto the world, but in denial of the words burning through the pages of her mother’s many journals into the orb of her inner soul.

0 comments:

deep love


In the spirit of Juno by Diablo Cody-


D.N.A. is the story of a teen surviving through the

questionable death of her highly dysfunctional family,

bullying from peers,and an unplanned pregnancy.


D.N.A. pulls no punches at being

an NA drama filled with

angst, heartbreak, suspense and deep

love.

My Life on the Brink

D.N.A. is a truly poignant story that will have you shedding a tear and cheering for joy. DJ Weaver | 2 reviewers made a similar statement
This book is intended for Young Adults but it is a great read for anyone. Debra Johnson | 3 reviewers made a similar statement
Full of extraordinary events, DNA will keep you turning pages until the very end. Carolyn Chambers Clark | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

Change Font (Tahoma 10 ~ok)

Get Your Print Copy

Get Your Print Copy
Print Copy

Grab Pins

Grab Pins
Word to word.

Request Review Copy


FREE: If you’d like to request a review copy of a book, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com

Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line.

We love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

You can see all of our new books (including previews) through the links on our Web site,

Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com


a review from ARC

In the wake of adversity Debney is put through the wringer, something that at her age should never happen.

But in this case it did and author Ey Wade did an excellent job with the plot and the emotional aspect.

I mentioned a dysfunctional family earlier, but the nice thing about this story is you don't realize the severity until the story unfolds. From every corner of her life Debney is challenged, and to see how she handles it...well you need to pick up this novel and if you know a teenager, place one in their hands for required reading.

Ms. Wade rolls out this story beautifully with impeccable timing. I was so engrossed and totally shocked at Debney's mother...the real reason I believe this book is called D.N.A.
A highly recommended read!


Locksie

ARC Book Club Inc.

Book Trailers

Book Trailers
See a Varitey of The Videos

Wade-In Publishing

Wade-In Publishing
Author's web Page

Followers

Follow by Email


x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner